Monday, October 26, 2009

The credibility of Journalism= all time low


Ok, guys I came across this article Fake Reporters Part of Climate Pranksters' 'Theater', and frankly I'm horrified by it and what it says of journalism. Reporters do not help their case of regaining public confidence by doing something like this i.e not doing their homework. I don't want to give it away, read the article first and make a decision. Besides, I couldn't give this type of behavior justice for anyone involved.

I also have to say, sadly, I'm not surprised this happened at all, I'm just sad.



1 comment:

Deana Ste. Marie said...

Because the product behind Yes Men is comedy, do they deserve a break? Is this the age-old debate of column writers? They weren't actually politicians, etc...

I do not think they should have posed as journalists personally, and I think I would be okay with the whole situation had they comically announced that they were pretending to be reporters at a stages press conference.